The holiday season is just around the corner and it's time to put together our gift lists. Whether you're looking for a journal or other creative tool, this list will help you find something perfect for that special someone in your life who's a journaler.
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase I may receive a small commission from the sale. This is done at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon affiliate, I earn from qualifying purchases via the links in this blog post.**
The Best Holiday Gifts for Journalers
- Scribbles That Matter is really one of the best journals available. If you are a bullet journaler and you want a journal in which the ink won't bleed through the paper, then Scribbles that Matter is perfect for you. I have several and I love them!
- The Happy Planner isn't just for planners! They have dotted notebooks called Happy Notes that are great for journaling. The paper is 160 gsm, so it's heavy and has no bleed-through. The Happy Planner also has guided journals too! These are great for someone just getting into the habit of journaling.
- Traveler's Journal-A traveler's journal is a compact journal. It's easy to carry with you and allows for notebooks to be added when one is completed. These journals come in a variety of colors and sizes. The traditional Traveler's Journal is 7.2 inches by 5 inches. It has a cover and several smaller notebooks inside.
- Erin Condron Notebook-Like The Happy Planner, Erin Condron is widely known for her planners, but she has a fabulous line of notebooks. They are spiral bound, and you can choose what type of paper you want on the inside like dotted, lined, or graph paper. These notebooks accompany her planner line nicely or can be used as a bullet journal or a journal.
I can't journal without my pens and markers. If I'm doodling or just writing a diary entry I need a great pen. I have so many favorites, but the following ones are ones that I say are must-haves!
- Fineliners-Fineliners are a must for the journaler. The best ones don't skip or bleed, and they create a truly fine line that outlines your journal art beautifully. My favorite fineliners are Pigma Micron Fineliners. These pens are a great gift! They have various sizes and are perfect for any project.
- Gel Pens-There are so many gel pens on the market it's hard to choose, but I'm here to help you with that! Tul Gel Pens are an excellent brand, and so are EnerGel Pens. They both write smoothly and don't skip, they also dry quickly so there's less chance of smearing.
- Erasable-If you are looking for an erasable pen the Pilot FriXion Clicker Retractable Gel Pens are perfect for those who make mistakes often or like to change up their journal pages often. These pens have thermo-sensitive ink that disappears with friction, so you can erase your mistakes easily without damaging your journal pages. Plus, the built-in clip makes it easy to keep these pens handy at all times.
- Inkjoy Gel Pens are a classic Papermate product and they provide a smooth stroke and no skip gel ink. They come in many colors so you will have all the colors you need.
- Tombow Markers- Tombow markers are a must-have for journalers! I really like the double-tip markers that have a brush tip on one end and a writing tip on the other. Create beautiful lettering with sweeping strokes and you will transform your journal into a work of art!
- Ooly Markers-Ooly markers are a great addition to your journaling supplies! They are colorful and fun, and will make doodling and drawing a fun activity for any journaler! Check out their website here!
- Zebra Mildliners-Zebra Mildliners are great highlighters for journaling. These colorful highlighters add pastel highlights to your journal and are double-tipped with a chisel point on one end and a writing point on the other. They are a necessity for any journal!
Stencils-Stencils are a great way to add design to your journal, especially if you, like me, don't consider yourself an artist. If you keep a bullet journal stencils can help you create your monthly spreads. I like that they are easy to use and make my bullet journals look great!
Washi Tape-Washi Tape is a fun way to add decoration to your journals. Primarily used in bullet journals or planners washi comes in many different colors and styles.
Stickers-Stickers are mostly used in planners, but incorporating stickers into your journals can be fun too! I like using stickers to section off my journal. I mostly use seasonal stickers and have sections for Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter, but you can use any stickers to enhance your journal any way you'd like. The Happy Planner has great sticker books! A word of caution, stickers are addictive!
Ephemera-Ephemera is used in Junk Journals to add an antique look to the journal. From stickers, to die cuts Ephemera is a great way to add a vintage look to your journals. Tim Holtz is a popular Ephemera designer. His product line is exceptional and can be found at Hobby Lobby and Michaels or here at Amazon.
Lego Products-Pens, Makers, Highlighters, and more! Lego has a stationery product line that will make any journaler travel back to childhood! I love Legos and have played with them for years, and then I discovered the stationery lines.
Other great gift options for a person that journals are storage items to keep their pens and stickers and such in. Photo printers are another item a journaler would enjoy. The portable printers that are sold by HP, Kodak, and other brands are great for small pictures that fit perfectly in journals.
As you can see there are many gifts you can choose from. Finding the best gift for that person that loves journaling is easy to do! Just use this handy guide and your gift will be perfect!